Monster Girl Farmer, a hilarious and surprisingly wholesome text-based RPG.

Started by BawdyInkSlinger, September 25, 2022, 03:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BawdyInkSlinger

Monster Girl Farmer

Monster Girl Farmer is an erotic text-based RPG. The kind of game that lets you ride a unicorn girl — and vice-versa. Your farm is failing, but your fortune takes a turn when a starving Monster Girl barges into your home. In exchange for taking her in, she'll help you start the world's first Monster Girl farm!

Game Features

The writing:

• Lewd scenes crafted by artisanal writers, grinding away in the paper mines until their quills and free hands are worn to nubs. With over zero years of combined experience, you can rest easy knowing I'm not happy until they're not happy.
  • Memorable characters with depth: the agoraphobic mushroom girl, the superstitious dryad, the cherry tree girl who thinks she's a princess...
  • A multitude of fetishes—many more on the way!
  • A world brimming with lore. Learn about the Monster Girl Devil and why Hellhound Girls fell from grace.
  • Color-coded, easy to read dialogue.
  • No pretentious purple prose. You won't find words like milieu, mackle, or mélange anywhere.
Wholesome turn-based encounters:

• Raise monster girls' affection through acts of kindness, not violence. (Working—many planned improvements.)
  • Gain experience, level up, and learn new acts of kindness.
  • A mélange of item drops. Sell them for money, use them to upgrade your farm, or gift them during encounters.
  • Status effects that increase crop yield, temporarily decrease your energy, etc.
  • Minimal grinding.
  • Maximal grinding (against monster girls).
The world:

• A clear visual mini-map to easily navigate the diverse regions. (Map is currently textbased.)
  • Upgradable environments: convince monster girls to set up shops in town, build a coop with dryad wood, etc.
  • Track critical information in your journal: the number of undiscovered monster girls, how many scenes are left, and what you ate for breakfast.
  • Check out the content roadmap (starts at the top, subject to change): https://arcweave.com/app#/project/L80Vezw69R
Customize your experience:

• Play as male, female, or enby. Choose your name and pick your naughty parts.
  • Affect scenes by bringing different monster girls on your adventures. (Implemented for one character—more planned.)
  • Dislike a kink? Skip any lewd scene BEFORE the action starts.
And if that doesn't convince you, check out these rave reviews:
"What's up man. Everything okay?"
"Shouldn't you be looking for a job?"
"We're worried about you."
And that's just from my friends!

About me (Bawdy Ink Slinger):

• I'm proud to say this is my second NSFW game; I completed my first!
  • I've been programming for decades, teaching best practices to others. This means fewer bugs, more content.
Play the latest version in your browser (works on all devices)

Download the game for desktop

Support me on Patreon

Chat with me on Discord

Game Details

The main fetishes:

• Monster Girls!
  • Transformation
  • Lactation (planned)
  • Tentacles
  • Centaurs
  • Gaping
  • Pregnancy (planned)
  • Egg laying
  • And more!
Game Play:

Explore the open world to discover new items, lewd scenes, and new monster girls:

Recruit monster girls with strategic RPG battles:

Explore an open world, discover new monster girls, and perform care activities to increase their affection. This leads to (lewd) scenes and item drops (e.g., Cherries from the cherry tree girl, Wild Game from the centaur, etc.).

Shops and items:

Earn items from monster girls or buy them from shops. Items can be sold, used in quests, or used in battle to heal yourself or gain affection.

Play the latest version in your browser (works on all devices)

Download the game for desktop

Support me on Patreon

Chat with me on Discord

Fred25

This is a very progressive and interesting game. But to be honest, it is very difficult for me to express my thoughts in the text. This requires writing talent. And I know that almost all young people experience certain difficulties in their studies. It depends on many factors. But mostly because of the heavy workload during the educational process. Students physically do not have time to do all the homework and beside that they are playing https://gamcore.com at home.

BawdyInkSlinger

Monster Girl Farmer v0.29.00 Released!

Play on any device in your browser

Download the latest version for your desktop

Chat with me and other fans

What's new:

Characters:

• New artwork of Olivia the Harpy was added to game!
  • Two pictures (one's an alt of the other) of the Doe girl have been added to the game. They're very lewd, so I think you'll love them.
  • This release introduces Lisa the Leech Girl! Before you run away screaming, you should know there's no blood play involved. I mean, if there's enough demand, I suppose there could be in the future, but even then, I'd make it optional.

Enough about the future, let's talk about this new character. I don't know about you, but when I think "Leech Girl," the first thing that comes to mind is "Big Titty Goth Girl." Come to think of it, that comes to mind when I think of most things.

Anyway, Lisa fits that description to a T, which is ironic, because no Tees fit her. Get it? 'cause her boobs are so big? Hellooo? Is this keyboard on?
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot: she lactates. Milk. From her boobs. And you get to help.

Despite my crass description, the truth is, Lisa's a sweetheart. On your first encounter, she saves your life. But she's shy, she's lonely, and she's never had a friend. She's never even had a visitor! So give the dang leech girl a chance.

SPOILER: This character is temporarily available in the free demo at the location named, "A Little Creek." She will end up in "An Overgrown Primeval Region," a location only accessible in the full game, but I wanted to make her freely available first so I could get more feedback. BTW, you can only view this scene if you do not bring Eva with you.
Features:

• Woo! Finally working on improving the look of the game. I hired a UI designer who's made a bunch of suggestions and provided me with some lovely mockups. Since this is a textbased game, I've decided to change the typography first. This change alone doesn't really do the mockups justice, but it's the first step on a very important journey.
  • The new game fonts can be toggled off and on in the settings menu. I'm hoping nobody wants to turn them off, but just you find the new fonts to be an eyesore, you can go to the settings and turn the fonts back to the defaults.
  • Newly styled buttons have been added to the game! This took a really long time for technical reasons I won't bore you with, but hopefully, you like the new look. Many more visual improvements coming soon!

Since this is a visual change, it's probable I've missed a few places. If you find some buttons that don't look right, please let me know so I can fix them as soon as possible.
  • $5 tiers and above can access cheats that jump you directly to Lisa's scenes: https://link.monstergirlfarmer.com/cheats
Random Scene/Quests:

• I added a random exploration scene that fleshes out Eva's character and gives you a subtle clue about how to find Lisa. This scene is found in "An Overgrown Primeval Region" if you bring Eva with you.
  • I wrote a scene I really like but I have a feeling only 10% of players will find it. That's a shame, so I wanted to tell people how to trigger it:

SPOILER: Once you meet Lisa, if you return with Eva and search for her, it unlocks this scene.
Bug Fixes:

• When you first go to town, there is a poor old man you can talk to. Yada, yada, yada, he offers you a farming tool. In the middle of that yada, yada, yada, you could go down a path where you explain how farming works "in the real world," but if you did, it wouldn't unlock the option to purchase the item. This has been fixed.

Note: this wasn't game/quest breaking because you could talk to him again and go down a different path. That path would unlock those purchase options. But both paths were supposed to unlock those options and only one did.

BawdyInkSlinger

Monster Girl Farmer v0.30.00 Released! Here's what's new:

Characters:
- A new tree girl has been added to the game! This scene was originally commissioned by me and written by Lope. It started as a random scene, kind of a throw away moment of lewd-ity you could discover by exploring the forest. Because of this history, this character's name is simply, "Pine tree girl."
  Once it was written, I started editing it, and -- as tends to happen -- got carried away, expanding it to at least 2x the original size. None of the story beats changed really, I just kept adding meat to them existing bones.
  In its current state, I would say it's been upgraded from "random exploration scene" to "optional monster girl scene" because she shows up in your journal and the lewd-ity is quite detailed.
You can find her by exploring the forest entrance, but it's only available in the full game. Fetishes include macrophilia AKA giant tiny sex (GTS) and, I don't know the official name of this one but, being used as a human sex toy.

Features:

- The background used to be solid black, but images have been added. I have a lot planned with regards to the look and feel of the game, so the way this looks now shouldn't last long. At the moment, I think they can interfere/distract with the player's ability to read the text because the words render directly on top of the pictures; that's why these images are off by default.
  Here's how to turn them on: In the sidebar, click the "Settings" button. It'll open a dialog box where I've added a new toggle called "Show Backgrounds."
  At the moment, there is a background for each map region. This'll improve soon. For example, if you visit the well in the forest, it still uses the generic forest background. Someday, I'd like to have a well in the background instead.
  I hope you like the new backgrounds and see their potential! Enjoy!
- I have been working with my current artist for multiple months now which, for Monster Girl Farmer, is a huge achievement. Allow me officially announce Teta, Monster Girl Farmer's artist! In celebration, I've added their name to the game credits with a link to their twitter account.

BawdyInkSlinger

In Monster Girl Farmer, centaurs are notoriously difficult to please, but they have a secret backdoor: their backdoors. Experience the most detailed donut worship scene you've ever read (that's written by me).

I'm especially proud of this latest scene. It involves Sophie the Centaur; it's titled, "Mmm, donut"; and it has nothing to do with pastries.

See, in the game's introduction, you meet Eva the dog girl and have the option to say hello as a "formal greeting." Ya know, say hello "the dog (girl) way?" Too subtle? Fine: she asks to smell your asshole (and vice versa).

Well, behind closed doors, Eva gave Sophie the Centaur a "formal greeting" too, and Sophie can't stop thinking about it! She's obsessed, really, and now these naughty thoughts keep cropping up in her head but she's too embarrassed to tell anyone but you.

What happens next? Well, dear player, that all depends on you and your kinks. As always, you can choose not to partake without any negative consequences. Alternatively, you can dive right in, helping Sophie live out her fantasies by giving her a "formal greeting" of your own. But this time, it goes way beyond sniffing.

Claiming this is the "most detailed donut worship scene you've ever read" may be hyperbolic. After all, there are probably some out there I haven't read yet. But with that in mind, I'd like to make a simple request: if you know a donut worship scene you think is better, send me a link because I'd really like to read it.

Minor spoilers on how to unlock the scene: This scene occurs after you've played through Sophie's previous lewd scene, you've played through Olivia the Harpy Girl's lewd scene, and you visit Sophie at the stable without Eva as a follower.

BawdyInkSlinger

Monster Girl Farmer Version 0.31.03 Released!

What's new:

Characters:

• I added the new snake girl image to the game.
Features:

• The entire UI has been restyled according to my designer's mock-ups! The game has an entirely new look and feel. If you've played it before, you may not recognize it. And if you've considered playing it in the past, now's a perfect time.
    This was a huge effort, far beyond what I originally imagined. I've restyled lots of websites in the past, but it's never been as challenging as this: to pull this off I had to change over 8000 lines of code.
    Although I'd say the UI looks a gajillion times better, I still consider this a first pass. There'll be many more in the future, so stay tuned!
  • Added a cheat to skip directly to Sophie the Centaur's new "donut" scene. Mmm, donuts.
  • The version number in the game footer links to the change log.

BawdyInkSlinger

Monster Girl Farmer v0.32.00 released! Horny but afraid of the dark? Sleep with Enoki, the bioluminescent mushroom girl, and proudly tell your Mom you sleep without a nightlight now. (Monster Girl Farmer, a surprisingly wholesome text-based RPG. Play on any browser.)

Features:

• I edited the Field intro scene to improve the humor.
Bug Fixes:

• The main change in this release is a performance improvement, and it was a doozy. Before I go into specifics, I'm going to cut to the chase and tell you the result of the fix: 10 times faster! Actually it could be much better than that, depending on how larger inventory was. I tested on a save that was taking a second to perform every action. Now that same save takes ~80 milliseconds to perform every action. And it should stay that way no matter how large your inventory gets.
    Yeah, so, the inventory system... What can I say? It had a terrible design (in my defense, I am stupid).
    For those that want more details, I was keeping track of every item. Every item! Harvested a carrot? I kept track of that. Sold a carrot? I kept track of that. Gave six carrots to the chipmunk girl? I kept track of all six. And I kept track of the day you gave them to her.
    That's a lot of data. The game state grew and grew, slowing the user experience down (technical note: the game engine copies game state on every action so you can undo any choices you make.)
    Now, I only keep track of the main character's inventory and the total they own. Problem solved!
    It may sound simple, but the hard part was making old saves backwards compatible. You shouldn't lose any items from this upgrade. It's important to me that you don't have to restart the game every time I release, and this is no exception.
    Also, some quest code needed to be rewritten. For example, the game used to let you bring Eva with you if SHE owned a collar and you owned a leash, but I don't track what other characters own anymore. Pretty easy fix, but those changes added up.
    Phew. I hope you all notice the difference. Wait, do I? No, I hope you never noticed the issue in the first place. But if you did notice, I hope you noticed the difference. Either way, enjoy!
  • Two wonderful people in the chat pointed out typos in existing scenes, one of whom goes by the name, "Comrade Soup Beans" (the other prefers to remain anonymous). Typos can really break immersion so I love when people inform me about the ones I've missed.
    Many of you may not know this, but I injured my hands a couple years ago; I write most content with dictation software and, while the technology is a godsend, sometimes typos slip past my editing process.
    If you'd like to help out, all you need to do is send me the sentence with the typo so I can find it. You don't even need to explain how to fix it.
  • If you revisited a paginated passage, it would start you on the last page. Now you start on the first.
Technical Details:

• I made a huge refactoring to the code that migrates old saves to the latest structure. It used to be in one big file and it was difficult to reason about. This refactoring means less bugs and less time spent migrating old saves in the future. I don't normally mention technical details, but I thought it was worth noting because this took was more effort than the performance improvement, and the performance improvement was a huge effort.
View the entire changelog

BawdyInkSlinger

Monster Girl Farmer v0.33.00 released! Struggling with the ladies? No worries: Golem girls come with their own instruction manuals.
What's new in v0.33.00:
Features:

• One of the most requested features has been an image gallery to view all those sexy images in one place without all that pesky content I put my heart and soul into getting in the way (/s). Hopefully you'll enjoy this feature to the point where you'll cry too--tears of joy, that is.

If you have an old save, don't worry, you won't have to restart or anything: the images you've already seen will be automatically unlocked.

In the future, a cheat will allow you to unlock all the images without needing to view them in-game first.
Characters:

• Teta created an amazing image of Lisa the Leech Girl and I've added it into the game. If you hate big tiddy goth girls, you may want to avoid this one.
  • The new image of Lisa the Leech girl has her swimming on her back, topless. Unfortunately for me, this didn't actually occur anywhere in the scene, so I had to add it. Per usual, I got a little carried away: I could have simply said, "She floats on her back and smiles," but I decided to write a 500 word, multi-joke excerpt instead. For those that have already played her 2nd scene (the lewd one), consider replaying it to experience this new content (remember, there are cheats to jump straight to it).
  • A new NSFW image of Mivennah the golem girl has been added to the game. It depicts the moment you find her asleep on a stone slab.

View the entire changelog