News:

Stay Home...
and use this forum!

Main Menu

Constant save bugs

Started by Joe, April 23, 2023, 05:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

this seems to be happening across several games iv tried. Ill play for a while, make a few saves. Come back later or the next day and suddenly the saves no longer work. I thought it might just be one game, but it kept happening on all of them. Its really getting annoying. There is basically no point in playing any game on this site now since the saves will be gone the next day.

and while your at it, ataegina act 2 has been broke for almost a year now.. crashing in game constantly, crashing on loading and saving.. etc

Gamcore Official

Just click ignore button and you will be able to play.

Joe

that does nothing. It goes straight from the load selection screen to the error. An it does it on many different saves files across many different games on this site. If you click ignore, it just starts the game from the beginning. So we cant use any save files we make. Thus its pointless to start any game on here at all... It really needs fixed.

Gamcore Official

Inform developer of the game ATAEGINA ACT II about this bug and they will fix this problem.
Here is a link to the author - https://subscribestar.adult/kthulian-games

Joe

1. The act 2 game works perfectly fine on other sites. Its only this site that seems to have this issue.

2. All the save file issues are across all games on this site. Not just one.

Gamcore Official

Try to play in the gamcore browser.

willtrekkie

These save game issues happen in the Gamcore Browser as well. This is not limited to just one Ren'Py game (I don't really play any RPG Maker games anymore and HTML games are not affected). I have found some workarounds when it comes to some of these issues however it does not work all the time. Here are steps to reproduce this behavior:

1. Play the Ren'Py game in the Gamcore Browser or online on the site without it.

2. Save your game and then close out of the Gamcore Browser or your Internet browser.

3. Wait a short time or a day, a week, a month, a year, etc.

4. Open up the Ren'Py game and go to where you save your games, they are still there but you cannot see them or access them. The quick saves that the game does are usually not affected by this behavior but the regular save files are.

5. For some games, begin a new game and get to the part where they require you to create a name for your character. Most times when you get there and go to save games, your save files will magically reappear. Unfortunately, sometimes the save files display an error message and have therefore become corrupted, so they do not work. Other times, you get back in and you don't lose any progress and no error message is displayed.

This behavior seems to be the case through several if not all of the Ren'Py games on this website. Please test them like this so this bug can be nipped in the bud. Thanks.

Gamcore Official

Please provide us with a list of games and bugs and we will definitely check them.

willtrekkie

I have attached a non-exhaustive list of Ren'Py games affected that I have played over the years. The shenanigans seemed to start in March 2022. Games saved before that or after that date are usually not affected.

Gamcore Official

Thanks for the list, but we also need to know what bugs are in these games.

willtrekkie

I updated the list as well as added the Load/Save bugs and got rid of any entries that had nothing to do with the constant save bugs. Thanks.

Gamcore Official

I checked Triangle and everything is fine with saving.
Please make a short video using your phone or screen recorder and upload it to YouTube privately so we can understand better what went wrong. Thank you.