and use this forum!

Main Menu

Gamcore Sandbox FAQ

Started by Gamcore, September 15, 2022, 03:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamcore

Frequently asked questions regarding Gamcore Sandbox

• What is the difference between the main gamcore page and the sandbox
    Anyone can publish any game on Gamcore Sandbox, but only the best games are moved to the main Gamcore website.

• I'm a developer and would like my game to be featured on your site, how to do it?
    Follow instructions here: https://sandbox.gamecore.com/upload

• When the sandbox gamcore has how many views, the official gamcore is also published?
    It depends, we never guarantee any game will get transferred from Sandbox to Gamcore Official website.
    If any game is good enough, it will move very quickly, usually in one week.

• I recently published 2 games on your site and was wondering how exactly it goes from sandbox.gamcore.com to official gamcore as far as the home page showing newest games
    We are reviewing each game manually and if is great, we publish it on gamcre.com

• Can you tell me how to update my own game on Sandbox?
    You can delete existing version and re-upload a new version. This is the only way to do it because of security concerns
    Keep in mind that everything will be resetted like the views and ratings.

• How can I ask my personal question regarding Sandbox Gamcore?
    You can do it here or via email: gamcoe at gamcore dot com
    And of course here, on forum

• What's the sandbox for? Letting people upload their own stuff?
    Instead of emailing us something that we have to upload, we can check the game online and if it's OK, we move it to main site.

• What is the maximum size of uploaded game?
    Maximum zip file is 1GB. If the game is bigger, please contact us via email: gamcoe at gamcore dot com

• My game zip file is larger than 1 GB. What to do?
    Try to optimize/compress game in order to fit into 1GB.
    1 gigabyte is a lot of data, especially for a newly created game.
    We do exceptions only if the game is extremely great. Write to us email above!

• Can you sponsor my game?
    Yes, if the game is really good, we can sponsor you. Write us via email: gamcoe at gamcore dot com

• My game has been uploaded to sandbox for a while now. Can you please move my game to the main site?
    If your game has not been moved after two weeks since it was uploaded to Sandbox, then it means the game is not good enough and there is no need to write emails to us.
    If two weeks have not passed yet, please be patient.

• I have a problem regarding uploading my game to Sandbox.
    When I fill out all the necessary information and press send the game starts to upload normally.
    But at some point uploading will stop and I will get the message that an unknown error has happened.
    My game is not too big overall it has a 170 MB file size.

Have you tried another browser? We recommend Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari. Try all browser apps in this order.

• How can I update my game and put a thumbnail on it?
    You cannot update game yourself.
    In case you want to update game, change thumbnail picture or description and resubmit your game to Sandbox.
    In order to avoid game version duplicates, please remove previous versions.

• What is the best resolution for Sandbox Games
    Based on experiments on Gamcore, including Gandbox, the best resolution for games is 1280x720 pixels
    It will make it easier for players to see the toggle full screen button.

boosbear

Is this the same as the 'sandbox' category when I open the Gamcore browser?

I notice the sandbox category on the browser only has HTML games. I prefer Renpy games, but ones with an open world or sandbox format, where you navigate around a map and do various tasks throughout a day, as opposed to a 'novel' format, where you follow the storyline and chose between certain options.

Is there any way to include Renpy games under the sandbox category, or have some way of distinguishing between the open world and visual novel type Renpy games? Because the open world games often start out like the novels at the beginning, with a bunch of dialogue to set the story before you can explore the map, so you have to play a while to know what kind of game it is. I've spent all afternoon today just opening games, playing a while and quitting. It would be nice to know this before I even load the game.