My SemiSuccesful Non-Technical Solutions To Missing Save States in Gamcore Games

Started by Bjorntufuk, September 06, 2022, 05:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjorntufuk

They are honestly all pretty stupid but they work about "about 50 percent of the time"......

1) Restart your computer

2) Close the browser then restart it

I just discovered this one which inspired the thread......

3) Leave the game on for a few minutes in the save state and magically they will reappear or at least it did on The Adventurous Couple

I can't give you any explanation as to why these sometimes work for certain games but occasionally they do and it's the best wave right now.

Oh yeah, This one is kind of a big one. Don't put it in fullscreen until AFTER you see if the saves are still there. I don't know why but opening it in fullscreen usually blocks the data from showing up which sucks as it's how I prefer to play my games.

If you get the "Cannot Save Games" bug then it's not going to work and your better off leaving and trying one of the three steps above.

If you are successful like I was today in recovering my data DON'T close the browser out if you want to check on your other games because that usually means the rest will be up long as you keep it open

EDIT:

Interesting quirk, My PC doesn't go to screensaver when I have the browser open.

Gamcore

Bjorntufuk

Quote from: Gamcore on September 28, 2022, 05:49:02 PM
Thank you for sharing this, I hope it will help many other users

Anytime. Feel free to word it in tech speak. I'm curious if anyone else has the same luck as I do. I am using a Dell Inspiron btw. A complete piece of crap so it should work for most people.