Main Menu

Brad's Erotic Week - Readme

Started by Gamcore, May 26, 2015, 07:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamcore

Play the game here: http://gamcore.com/games/brads_erotic_week

From the Author of the game...

Welcome to Brad's Erotic Week.

I made the game as an experiment to practice with my new 3d modeling software called DAZ Studio. I was a fan of Virtual date games, especially those made by Tlaero and Phreaky at Sharks-Lagoon.fr as well as ArianeB. When I got new 3d software and also say Tlaero's Adventure Creator tool, I knew I had to make something.
As you progress through the game, you will notice the artwork improving, especially the lighting, animations, and overall quality of work. It never really gets great but It will hopefully keep improving as I progress. It should be fairly simple to tell the order that I made the animations by the overall quality. Some of my earliest animations are...well...horrible. Heh. I thought to go rework them, but I decided to focus my time on new content, not continuously reworking old content. I hope you enjoy it anyway.
The game is a large, Adult Interactive Fiction game. There are elements of a Virtual Date game and a Choose your own Adventure novel. If you, the player, are looking for a "quick fuck" game, then it may be best to move along. If you are looking for a good story with plenty of eroticism and sex thrown in as well, then hopefully, this is the right game for you.
Brad's Erotic Week tells the story of Brad as he gets caught up in events progressing over the course of, you guessed it, a week. The week begins on a Wednesday, and ends on the following Tuesday. There is a core story that is influenced by player actions. There are also 5-8 potential love interests that Brad will meet over the course of the week. 5 are core love interests, and 3 more are add-on love interests that may be included based on voting (more on that later.) Each love interest has their own personal story, motivations, and issues to deal with, and depending on the path that the player takes, Brad will influence events as the core story progresses and choose who to experience the story with.
The game will be released in Episodes, consisting of three "Seasons." Each season represents about 2.3 days. Each episode will represent anywhere from 100-500 web pages, and will be released on a regular schedule. Each Season will consist of roughly 20 episodes.
Each episode will release in an order based on community voting. Three options will be presented for the next episode in the shark community. Based on the vote results, that episode will be released based on its size.
Small episodes release in 2-3 months.
Medium episodes release in 3-4 months.
Large episodes release in 4-6 months.
When episodes are up for voting, they will be identified by their size, and also by their content. Content may be Story focused, Erotic focused, or both. There is still eroticism and flirting in many story sections, but I define erotic content as meaning that someone in the episode has the potential to cum on at least one of the paths.
As the game progresses, there will be more and more branches to discover. The final game will have close to 40 endings, 60 if the 3 expansion girls are added. This is not counting failures along the way where the game ends early. In other words, there should be plenty of replay ability.

Tips and Tricks:
1. Understand the difference between reputation and relationship. On easy difficulty, you can see your individual relationship scores with each woman. On medium difficulty, you will see your overall reputation. Your reputation influences your relationships, but one point of reputation is less than one point of relationship. Reputation affects every woman, while Relationship points affect only one. There is some strategy involved in managing reputation vs relationship, especially if trying to manage more than one love interest in a single play through. Gaining or losing Reputation affects all women in the game, whether they are present in the scene or not. Gaining or losing Relationship points only affect women who are present in the scene and can reasonably see your actions.
2. The game is subtly different between Easy, Medium and Hard modes. Some things that worked on Easy, might not be a good idea on Hard. The reverse is also true. Some things that never worked on easy or medium, may work on Hard, if your relationship is high enough with that particular woman.
3. Erotic content is restricted on easy mode. More erotic content is available on medium difficulty, but all elite paths are blocked. Hard difficulty enables all achievements, all paths, and all erotic content.
4. Lower levels of difficulty will often give you clues on how to progress at higher levels.
5. The game changes based on earlier decisions. Did you go to the bar or the strip club after work on the first day? How did you treat Emily in the office?
6. Each woman has her own personal story that she progresses through, influenced by player actions. The first example of this is that something happens to Emily after work on Wednesday. Depending on Emily's mood when you left the office on Wednesday, she may go to the Bar to try and find Brad that night. If Brad is also at the bar, they will meet up. If Brad chose to go to the strip club instead, Emily may still go to the bar looking for Brad, and perhaps be disappointed not to find him there. This will change how she reacts to Brad on Thursday when they are back in the office.
7. I tried to make the game intuitive. In other words, everything that happens should make some kind of sense. No random crap to try to fool you. If you find something that seems random, that's not intended. Let me know and I will consider tweaking it for the next version.
8. Don't worry about finding the "best path." Every path brings additional information about the characters, overarching story, and individual stories. If you find yourself on a "failing" path, it's recommended to follow that path all the way to the end. You may be surprised to discover that you didn't fail as badly as you thought. Or you may gain hints and insight into characters that will help you find the better paths.
9. Earning major achievements will unlock bonus scenes that provide additional information about the story or characters. These are linear stories told from the POV of another character in the game, usually filling in information about what is happening when Brad isn't around.
The game is based on the "Guild of Schadowes" universe being written by a friend, and scheduled to be published eventuallyâ„¢. There are some mild Sci-Fi/Fantasy elements that will start coming into play around Day 3 in accordance to that universe. My friend "authorized" this game and claims he will refer to some of the activities in the books, and gave me permission to use one of the Major characters, (the girl in the coffee shop) and maybe cameo some of the others. This game takes place during Chapter 1 of the first book to be published in case anyone wants to do a timeline for the series in the future. One of the endings is actually a "canon" ending. Please keep in mind, all the writing in the game is mine, and I take full responsibility for the quality. :-)
If you have questions, please find me on the Sharks-lagoon.fr forums. I hope you enjoy the game!

Wolfschadowe.

More Info: http://www.ww.the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3448&start=0